Downtown Carson City offers an abundance of restaurants, live events, local shops, and much more. With so much to do, you’ll want to make sure you have enough time to do everything! Choosing a home in the sophisticated neighborhood of Little Lane in Carson City provides an opportunity to see all the sights and sounds, and partake in everything – modern and historical – that Carson City has to offer.
What Makes Carson City Famous?
Back in 1858, Carson City NV was founded by Abraham Curry who got the name Carson City from close by Carson River, named after frontiersman, Kit Carson. After Abraham Lincoln granted Nevada statehood in 1864, Carson City was chosen as the state capital and it remains the capital today.
Where to Find Fabulous Food
Downtown Carson City offers the best in fabulous food. Whether you’re looking for a stroll down Carson Street, live bands playing, or the best bars in Carson City, you won’t have to search far to find the west’s most tantalizing tastes.
- Sassafras Eclectic Food Joint features globally inspired dishes
- Red’s Old 395 Grill is a great place for steaks, Buffalo wings, and beers from around the world
- Great Basin Brewing Company serves American comfort food along with specialized coffee drinks and craft beers
An Amazing Place for Unique Shopping
When you’re in a unique city, you want the luxury of some unique shopping. Downtown Carson City has every shopper’s best interests at heart with one-of-a-kind offerings you won’t find anywhere else around.
- The Purple Avocado is a charming shop located in a historical home built back in 1863. It is consistently rated as the best gift shop in Carson City and when you visit it, you’ll understand why!
- Due Sorella/Two Sisters is an antique shop featuring all types of garden accessories and various distinguished, unique items.
- El Mundo Latino is a clothing store that offers western style apparel for special events as well as everyday attire.
Fun Things to Do in Downtown Carson City
Carson City is a quintessential western town with roots in the origins of the railroad as well as mining. Couple that with the fact that it is the capital of Nevada and there are plenty of entertaining and educational activities to explore.
Whether you are taking the kids along or have the day to yourselves, between the inviting restaurants in Carson City, shopping and entertainment, and educational venues, you’re in for quite the exploration into the past.
- Nevada State Museum is open Wednesday through Sunday and is located on N. Carson Street. Upcoming events include Dia De Los Muertos and “On the Trail of the Jackalope.”
- Nevada State Railroad Museum. The railroad is so much a part of Carson City’s history that this museum is a must-visit for anyone who fully wants to capture the essence of this western town.
- Carson City Capitol Complex. The complex features a number of historic buildings including the Governor’s Mansion, the Capitol Building, and the Nevada State Museum. From here you can take a stroll down the Kit Carson Trail or stop at one of the many fine art galleries.
Whether you are looking for tantalizing restaurants in Carson City or beyond comparison shopping venues, Carson City has many hidden gems to be discovered and so much to be explored.